IT Outsourcing (ITO) Advisory
We improve the quality and cost of our clients’ IT operations.
Whether related to core infrastructure, ERP platforms and applications, or development capabilities, Pace Harmon helps our clients determine the optimal IT service delivery model and to secure the best performance, price, responsiveness, service quality and flexibility from their outsourcing partners.
We collaboratively develop and implement customized solutions that address the specific needs and requirements of each situation. With our strong background in technology and operations, we provide support for all phases of the transaction lifecycle, including:
- Operational cost and performance benchmarking
- Opportunity identification (whether to outsource or optimize in-house processes)
- Development of a holistic sourcing and vendor strategy
- Requirements definition and desired end-state design
- Vendor qualification, sourcing, evaluation, due diligence, and selection
- Term sheet and contract negotiations, and contract drafting
- Transition planning and program management
- Establishment of vendor management and governance processes
We have broad experience in optimizing and sourcing a range of technology services.
Our IT and ITO experience is extensive; spanning a wide range of technology service categories including:
- Data Center Facilities and Operations
- Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Service Desk
- Desktop and LAN Support
- Voice Premise (TDM and IP Telephony)
- Managed Network Services
- Application Development and Maintenance
- Contract Labor
Leveraging our technology expertise and familiarity with market offerings, we help our clients select and implement an optimized IT delivery model.
Collectively, Pace Harmon practitioners have executed hundreds of deals over the years. This depth of experience has afforded us insight into available delivery models, vendor strategies and the strengths and weaknesses of each vendor. With this knowledge, Pace Harmon advises clients on selecting an appropriate partner in order to maximize the benefits from an ITO initiative. Moreover, our expertise and specialized knowledge in the underlying technologies, and our appreciation for the operational complexity of large IT organizations enables us to:
- Align the technology vendor portfolio with the business objectives of the organization, addressing critical issues such as application and asset rationalization, the degree of consolidation, outsource vs. in-source delivery, shared (cloud) vs. dedicated services, and on-shore vs. off-shore
- Ensure that the selection, implementation, and integration of new technologies takes into account the impact to both upstream and downstream applications and related infrastructure
- Identify vendors with delivery strengths and cultures that complement those of the client
- Pinpoint and support the organizational and operational changes necessary to transition to new technologies and vendors
- Achieve optimal results through the negotiation process, committing the supplier to specific performance while also allowing the provider sufficient flexibility to apply its expertise and best practices
- Establish and/or optimize the vendor management function to maximize service provider performance and extract greater ongoing value from the negotiated agreement