What We Do
At the core, Pace Harmon advises its clients on how better to manage their business operations and make the right technology strategy choices.
We consistently propose solutions to a variety of complex problems
We work for both business and technology stakeholders. This means that the problems we are asked to solve are diverse. They might include:
- Looking for cost reduction opportunities (e.g., improving supply chain and distribution, negotiating more favorable deal terms, reducing enterprise telecom expenses)
- Developing business processes
- Assessing organizational roles and responsibilities
- Evaluating the applicability of new technology solutions
- Project managing the deployment of new technology
While the problems are diverse, the skills tested in finding the solutions are universal:
- Analytical skills developed in modeling data and conducting financial analysis
- Strategic communication employed during contract negotiations
- Creative thinking applied to mitigate technical and deployment challenges and risks
We provide seasoned and unbiased advice to deliver the best value for our clients
Our staff includes former CIOs, CFOs, partners from other consulting firms, and industry executives, with an average of 12 years of experience. We have the expertise to consider a wide range of options to solve the most complex business issues. While previous experience has resulted in repeatable processes on client engagements, we also have the pragmatism to know that there is never a cookie-cutter solution to a problem.
Many of our projects focus on improving relationships and building partnerships between clients and supplier. We remain independent of supplier alliances in order to provide clients the most objective advice possible.
We are involved with the client every step of the way to ensure that strategies can be and will be implemented
Pace Harmon differs from the standard consulting practice by not just providing a recommendation, but actually executing the recommended solution. We often help clients throughout the lifecycle of a project, from gathering data to help in decision-making, to actually living with the results of the selected strategy. This gives us further incentive to provide actionable, practical advice.
For instance, on an ITO Advisory, BPO Advisory, or Strategic Sourcing engagement, we will define requirements, select the supplier, and then work with client personnel to project manage the implementation and seamlessly integrate the supplier into the enterprise. The end goal is to maximize the benefits that clients receive from mission-critical relationships with their suppliers.
We continue to receive recognition for the results that we deliver
Pace Harmon has quickly built a solid reputation in the industry. Our record of excellence in delivery and our focus on results has been recognized through third-party, independent surveys and evaluations:
- A survey of 20,000 C-level and senior executives conducted by the Black Book of Outsourcing ranked Pace Harmon as one of the top five sourcing and outsourcing firms worldwide each year between 2006 and 2009
- In 2009, we were also recognized as the #1 Boutique IT Outsourcing Advisory Firm, scoring highest in categories including staff experience, breadth of expertise, and the ability to offer a range of strategic alternatives
- In March of 2007, Consulting Magazine chose Pace Harmon as one of the “Seven Small Jewels of Consulting” for its commitment to client and employee success
Additionally, we are regularly published in trade publications like CIO Magazine and Supply and Demand Executive, and have been featured in periodicals such as the Wall Street Journal.